Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Feeling Crabby Card and Tutorial


Hi everyone! Kim Teasdale here with a card and a little tutorial for you today :D I made this card a little while back and as I created the image for the card, I shot a little tutorial to show you how I made it :D In the video, I did use a variety of inks that eP does not carry, however here is a break down of Ranger Distress Inks that you could use to create a similar scene :D


Are you all ready to see it now? It's been a few years since I made any sort of video tutorial and I was a little nervous but here goes and try and not laugh me out of the building, 'Kay? ;)



So, what did you think? Think that you can create something like this yourselves? I can assure you that it is very easy and it goes quick once you get started! After the tutorial was shot, I did add a little bit of shading under my crab and some highlights with my white chalk pencil (you could use a white gel pen too) to create the waves! Easy Peasy and it's perfect for all of those images that you colour up ahead of time...just leave a little extra white space around your image and you are good to go for creating the scene of your dreams!




To finish off my card I paired the image with some My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy paper because it had some lovely understated vintage prints that allowed my image to really pop off the card. I completed the look with some vintage seam binding and funky cross stitched twine treatment and added a button from the Buttons Galore and More Color Set - Mint Cooler set to coordinate with the image colours :D

Stamps: There She Goes - Beach Bums
Paper: Gina K, 90lb Coldpress Canon Water Colour Paper, Black, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Baja Breeze, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Caramel, Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Cloud Template, 2-Way Glue Pen, Twine, Scrap Paper, Sponges, Masking Tape, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, Chalk Pencil, Water Brush, Twine, Paper Piercing Tool, Buttons Galore and More Color Set - Mint Cooler, Seam Binding, Corner Chomper, Tombow Multi Adhesive

4 comments:

Micki said...

awesome Kim!

Kim said...

Love this Kim!!

Moi said...

What a cute card. Thank you so much for giving a breakdown of colors using different inks. Thank you for sharing your talent and the tutorial was great.

Rea' said...

That was me today... but nnot to crabby to tell you how cute that card is !