These are the products I started with...Specialty Stamping Paper (note, it's important to use this paper when working with re-inkers. Other paper will instantly absorb the ink and you'll be unable to create the fun backgrounds), a palette knife, rubbing alcohol (in the Fineline bottle), a non-stick craft sheet, Dandelion Archival re-inker, and a fun blending palette from Tombow Markers. (This is just a plastic coated piece of cardstock)
Put a few drops of re-inker on to the blending palette (you can also do this on your craft sheet), add a few drops of rubbing alcohol, and blend with the palette knife.
Next, smoosh (that's a technical crafting term) the blending palette all over the Specialty Stamping Paper. I had enough ink to cover both pieces of paper. Add more rubbing alcohol to get fun patterns. Using the blending palette definitely covered the pages more than dragging the cardstock through ink on the craft sheet. I'm not sure I love this much coverage, but it all worked out in the end, and I got to try out a new technique!
I grabbed the oval shape from Wendy's new Spotlight Frames along with the Sunburst stencil. I centered the oval frame and then layered the Sunburst design over the oval. Use Orange Blossom Archival Ink to fill in the sun. Then I covered the Sunburst with the oval mask and traced around the mask using a Fube Ball marker. Added a few more design elements and my oval was complete!
Next came the addition of some stamping (Wendy's background stamp, Dots & Dashes) and more stenciling (Add a Stencil and Everyday Words). Here are my two completed journal pages, minus my sentiment. Here comes the fun part...
I glued my pages into an art journal and then embedded the pages into the journal pages using Wendy's Crackle Paste (this stuff if the BOMB!) (You can also see my sentiment was added before I glued the pages into the journal). I also added a stamped flower, from The Purpose of Art stamp set. (The flower was stamped on cardstock and colored with Copics, cut out, and attached with foam tape.)
Check out the dry paste? Dreamy...I get weak in the knees over all those cracks! And I LOVE Wendy's pastes because they're flexible when dry! Some others (I won't mention names....LOL!) has a tendency to crack and falls off when dry.
I then I got all jiggy with paint! This is a combination of Wild Honey and Tea Dye Distress Paint. And then I added just a hint of Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint...ohhh...check out that Bronze. Love it! Below are some other photos of the completed project. I just added more paint and all of my finishing details...
The Make Art sentiment is from the License Plate Art stamp set. They were stamped on a manila tag and embossed with black embossing powder. The date at the top of the page was stamped on the left over part of my manila tag...use all scraps!
The butterfly is from one of Wendy's stencils...I used a blending tool to color in the stencil and then just cut out the butterfly....same goes for the tiny hearts, which have also been embossed with Red Geranium embossing powder. The arrow is from Idea-ology...and yes, it's crooked...fixed that after I took the photo! LOL!
Oh yeah...the inclusion! This is a journal from Donna Downey so each page has an inclusion. I just covered this one with Tissue Wrap, some Antiqued Bronze paint, some stitched stamps from Wendy (this is my favorite stamp ever!), a circle and the number 4 (to represent our sweet family of four.)
Enjoy! And be sure to check out this month's Make ART Challenge...only one more week to enter!