Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 24, 2014

I is for Instinct ~ Altered Dictionary Spread


Hi there! It's Bonnie here today sharing the I spread in my altered dictionary which will soon need a bungee cord to keep it closed! It is so thick...good thing it's almost completed. It's fun to look back and see how my style has evolved as I learn or focus on new techniques. I in this dictionary is for instinct and it's amazing how many times in the past few days that word has come into my world. I started the pages in the usual fashion, adhering the pages to the adjacent ones for strength and gessoing the pages I was altering except for the definition. I used Neocolor II crayons for the background (orange, pinks, yellow) and activated them with water. I used the same colours of gelatos around the edges and blended them with a dry finger.


To add interest to the background, I sponged Wendy Vecchi Orange Blossom Archival ink through TCW's Mini Web Doily stencil...love that pattern. Second generation stamping was done with Memento Love letter ink on the Be Me stamp from Melody Ross's She Sprouted Wings set. White gesso was pounced through TCW's Mini Tiny Dots stencil and black gesso was spread over a flip flop bottom to get the cross hatch texture. It actually makes wavy lines so I stamp it in two directions to get that pattern.


The image is a digi from Oddball Art  Co. I absolutely adore these sweet characters that Lizzy Love creates. I coloured her with Prismacolor pencils, fussy cut her and matted her in black. Glossy Accents was applied to her expressive eyes, and she was popped up on foam tape. Washi tape was adhered to the background to give her grounding and then applied to the other page to create balance and flow.


The hearts were die cut from a scrap of pink DP. They were then stamped with a TH script using Rocket Red Gold. More of the same stamping was added to the two pages as well. The hearts were edged with Worn Lipstick Distress ink and matted in black. All but the medium sized one were popped up on foam tape.

The wording was computer generated with various fonts...love my fonts :) They were printed on white cardstock, edged with Worn Lipstick, and matted in black. Colour was added to the heart words with gelly Roll pen and doodling was done either on or around them. The word Instinct was printed with my Dymo.


At this point, I always take stock of the whole spread to see what finishing details are needed. I had some black off cuts from border dies which were added to either side. Black gesso rings were stamped with a bottle lid.


I had the remaining piece of black on my desk with the star punched out and I used a circle punch around it. It looked so cool that I did it again and added the punched star as well. orange enamel dots were added to the centers and black ones to the top right. The I letters are Idea-ology Ransom with white dots added. The little heart tiles are from my stash. More doodling to frame the pages and Black Big brush pen were added to the edges.

Thanks for visiting today. I always appreciate your fine company. I hope you get a chance to play with inks, paints, and paper soon!

Bonnie
These products can be found in the eP store:



8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

oOOh Bonnie! Always love your dictionary pages and this is no exception. True eye candy. All the layers are beyond yummy and that adorable stamp is just fabulous. Got to color some of mine but could never begin to put something together like this. Love, love, LOVE! xxD

Julia Aston said...

What a delightful page in your dictionary journal Bonnie! Love that image so wonderfully colored - and sitting pretty as you please front and center! It's all so bright and happy!

Words and Pictures said...

Such brilliant pages from Bonnie - amazing layers in the background, and the colouring on the image is absolutely fantastic. Wonderful!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Your artwork always makes me smile Bonnie. I love this book and the wonderful pages you've shared along the way. It's full of inspiration and utterly fabulous! xx

Sue Lelli said...

FAB pages for instinct, Bonnie! LOVE the BG and all of the layers and images you added!

toni said...

More fabulous pages from your altered dictionary, This is one book I'd dearly love to leaf through! X

Tracy said...

Great addition to your fabulous altered dictionary, loooove your art Bonnie!!
xxxx

Micki said...

I just love your bright pages and your coloring with Prisma pencils is outta this world!!!!! LOVE it.