Hello, it's Sue here today with my next guest design project. I decided to do a journal page, which in itself shouldn't be a problem, or so I thought !
The book is made from some pale Kraft coloured card and I started by giving the page a coat of Gesso.
I then used the Dylusions Diamond Border stencil and Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste.
When the paste was dry I started to spray the page with Dylusions sprays.
After I'd used several different colours, making sure I dried each layer before adding any more, I was left with a very dull bluey, brown colour. Not what I was hoping for at all ! I then decided to use the Dina Wakley Mini Vine stencil and I drew on the inside of the stencil and then used a Posca pen to highlight the leaves. The colours still didn't look right and was in fact getting worse ! At this point I decided that this was a disaster and was about to start a new project.
But then I thought I could make a tag and mount it onto the main page.
I pressed Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water. I then pressed the tag into the ink, dried it off and then dabbed it into the remaining ink.
I've used the Dina Wakley Roman Letters stencil with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.
I then used the Dina Wakley Mini Vine stencil with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.
I stamped the honeycomb stamp from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media set using Salty Ocean Distress Ink and also with black Archival ink. The dots stamp is also from the Mixed Media set and I've dabbed it with Gesso and stamped onto the tag. I also used the text stamp from the Wendy Vecchi A Form of Art stamp set.
The leaves along the bottom are also from the same Wendy Vecchi stamp set. I used the Be Me stamp from the Unity She Sprouted Wings set on a small piece of card that had also had the Distress Ink treatment and mounted it onto some black card.
I then coloured some more Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste with two drops of Peacock Feathers re-inker and used the Dylusions Diamond Border stencil. I added a few diamonds using the same coloured paste onto the main journal page too. (The stamped Be Me you can see here was my first choice then I changed my mind!)
I used a piece of seam binding for the ribbon and sprayed it with Fresh Lime and Cut Grass Dylusions ink.
I rubbed some coloured wax around the edge of the main page and mounted the tag on some foam pads.
In the end this page worked out alot better than I thought it was going to !