Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Gift Tags


Happy November! Sorry I was gone way too long from blogging but I am back now and will promise to write and upload with frequency.

Here are my quick and easy Christmas tags that I quickly assembled. Just used some plain manila tags, some ink and my favorite blending tool. I am always intimated by some of the intricate stamp designs out there. How do you ink them up? How do you get the colors in all those places? So, I opted for the monochromatic look for simplicity and classic style. When you have to make a large quantity, it's also easier to work with just a few colors. Less is more, right?

I loved these new Tim Holtz Collection/Holiday 2008 stamps. The one I used here was the Santa Letter ATC size. It screams vintage and shabby. The velvet ric-rac was the perfect embellishment. I also added some Stickles for some sparkle and dimension. So, I made several dozens of these so that I have them ready to put on hostess gifts like bottles of wine, candy, candles and homemade goodies. With a little raffia, velvet or gingham ribbons, they will add that personal touch for my gift-giving this year.







No comments: