Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Last Minute Gifts

Last day of pre-kindergarten was last week and tomorrow is the last day of school for my oldest daughter, Samantha. My girls were lucky this year to have some great teachers who made for a memorable school year. It's down to the last minute with teacher gifts. With little time, I sat down with limited supplies that I forced myself to work with. So, with several CD tins, the Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl Papers, some accessories and lots of resources/ideas from fellow stampers, here is what I was able to make.

Working with some of my favorite Stampin' Up! cardstock and inks (Really Red, Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue and So Saffron), several SU stamp sets(Sincere Salutations, Weathered and Aida Cloth background) plus the Stampendous Ruffled Bloom set, my Cuttlebug folders and more tools, I was able to make several of these gift sets. I made some jumbo paper clips after viewing Cambria's creations and Beth's tutorial on SCS. I just selected the Dutch Girl papers like Audery and Anna since they had small patterns. I used the Tsukineko Glue Pad to adhere the papers onto some light coasters and then ran that through my Cuttlebug using the Flower #1 die. Then I used more papers from Dutch Girl that I cut and adhered to the CD metal tin so that I had a matching container to house the jumbo clips. I also used some giant flowers from the Buck Naked - Buttons & More chipboard and covered it very easily with matching Buttons & More Fashions paper.

So, the jumbo clips went into the altered tin and the assorted cards with matching envelopes all went into a large cello bag. Wrapped it up with some fun ribbon and it was all good. It took several hours to make about 6 gift packages. Sometimes it's good to be able to just work with the little supplies you have and try to make it all work. I think that the gift ensemble turned out to be some nice gifts for some very nice teachers and my fellow girl scout leaders...don't you?

Oh the possibilities, now, with a simple idea that can be duplicated and done in multiples, I think I will have to try to make some more using all the new My Mind's Papers and also the Love Elsie papers for some teen gifts.


Happy Wednesday!
Daisy

7 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Just beautiful! What lucky teachers - I know they'll be pleased!

Karen Lindsay said...

Such wonderful gifts! I'm sure they will be thrilled to receive them. :)

Bev Gerard said...

Daisy, Daisy, Daisy!!
This set of cards is totaly scrumptious! What delicious new goodies you have chosen!

~Tex

Jennifer Aviles said...

BEAUTIFUL! What special gifts!

Alison Shiloh Wear said...

lovely! how did you get the flowers to stick to the stamps?

paperfrenzy said...

Daisy! How ADORABLE!!! I love what you did!!! New idea for the glue pad, too!!! I didn't think about using it as PAPER adhesive (go figure!)!!! Hee, hee!!!

Mary said...

Your cards and paper clips are all beautiful. I'm sure that the teachers loved thier gifts.

Mary