Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 22, 2014

She has Strength!

Okay EPeeps, here is the thing, I am not good at drawing faces at all - but I have always wanted to be!! So when I saw the amazing Prima stamps in the Eclectic Paperie store -I went for it!! And I am SO glad that I did!! Here I used the Sharon stamp - LOVE HER!!


I started by stamping the image with Archival Black ink onto watercolor paper!


I loved how easily this stamped onto the paper!!  (And historically, I am stamp challenged!)


Then I wanted to watercolor Sharon.  But I couldn't find my watercolor kit .... so I grabbed my Dylusions.  Really.  I used the Dylusion Inks to watercolor!! And I LOVED it!! See the drop in the pallet - that was all the color I needed!! The ink is so saturated with pigment, that when I added a brush (wet with water) the ink took over!!  I was so amazed!!


The colors of the Dylusions are AMAZING! I actually used little medicine cups to keep the colors separated because the inks were so intense.  And honestly, I could have used the water that I was using to clean the brushes with to watercolor!)


Finally, I created a background for her.  I used Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to create some texture and then rubbed it with Wendy's Dandelion Archival ink pad after it dried. I sprayed some Dylusions through stencils (going traditional with the Dylusions here!)  I cut Sharon out of the watercolor paper and glued her down to the canvas with Gel Medium and then wrote on the canvas to finish her!! 

Really, these face stamps are SO stinkin' easy to use!!  If you have been thinking of getting one, like I had for a long time, try one!! I can't wait to get a couple more different faces! I might even use her to practice drawing faces myself ... maybe!!




10 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

Beautiful Karen. Nikki x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wonderful creation,love the colours used,perfection :)

Donna xx

Micki said...

wonderful. love the watercolor feel and yes, love the intensity of the dylusion inks. great creation!!!

Ann said...

Lovely job with the Bloom Girl. I have 2 of them now. Just got "Free Spirit", and she is aweome.

Julia Aston said...

Love this Karen! what a great way to get a well drawn face on a page! (I to am face drawing challenged!) love the colors and paste stenciled background on this!

Steph Ackerman said...

This is beautiful. love your colors and that stamp.

mamablitger said...

Karen this is adorable. Love what you created. Love the way you colored it all as well. Thank you for sharing your art.
Hugs from SPAIN

Renee said...

Lovely!

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

so beautiful~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andiepants said...

She is Beautiful! I adore the background. I can't believe that it's just dandelion ink on embossing paste.