I then started to build up the layers of acrylic paint, concentrating the colour on the corners.
I then started to create the panels that would sit in each quarter. I put various colours of Distress Stain on my craft mat and spritzed them with water then pressed the card into the ink. On the first panel I used the TCW Retrobursts stencil and a babywipe. As the Distress Stains react with water the moisture from the baby wipe bleaches the ink.
On another panel I used the TCW Navaho stencil with Tea Dye Distress Ink to start with. I also did some stamping but didn't take another photo until the end !
My idea was that this frame would have been in a dressmaker's shop advertising the type of outfits on offer. It's been neglected and forgotten, hence the shabby apprearance ! The first panel is the daytime outfit suitable for pic-nics and days out in the country.
The main image is from the Crafty Individuals CI-211 set, I've masked her off and then used the Wendy Vecchi Fancy Florals background stamp. The large flower and leaves are Prima wooden ones and I've used a Fancy Pants flower for the centre, they've all been painted with Luminarte Silks. The rolled up tape measure is from the Tim Holtz Artful Tools stamp set, I stamped the tape measure background stamp and then cut one piece from it.
The second panel advertises the name of the dressmaker.
I've used the rest of the tape measure stamped image and cut in to it along the bottom and curled the card. The label is from the Crafty Individuals CI-322 set and I've painted some paper roses with Luminarte Silks and when dry rubbed some Vintage Photo Distress Ink over them.
The third quarter is the evening outfit for dining out or going to the social event of the year !
I did some stencilling and used a baby wipe to bleach the ink and also used some acrylic paint. The main image is again from the CI -322 set and I masked her off then stamped over the top with the background stamp from the Tim Holtz Papillon set. The vertical panel has also been stamped using a stamp from the same set. The numbers have been added using the TCW Bingo stencil and Wendy Vecchi's black Embossing Paste.
The final quarter is all about the travelling outfit, practical but stylish !
I've used the same techniques for the background piece on the above quarter and the image is from the same Crafty Individuals set. The flower has been painted with Luminarte Silks. The tickets are from the CI-307 set and the typewriter is from the Tim Holtz Merchantile set.
In the centre of the frame I've added some filigree metal corners nad the flower is made from UTEE and a mold that I made from a plastic flower. I've painted it with Luminarte Silk paint.
This is the finished frame ! To finish it off I rubbed some Treasure Gold around the edges over the textured areas.
I hope you've enjoyed today's project, I certainly enjoyed making it !
Remember there is still plenty of time to join in with the current ePlay challenge which is to use fabric in your projects.