Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 13, 2013

It Was Her Crown...

Hi folks!  Sorry for the posting delay...it is Monday, of course, so we're a bit slow moving this morning! :-)  Today I'm sharing a sweet ATC that I created using a gesso resist stamping technique.  This was one of my projects that I created for last week's Feed Your Creativity video.  You can see the video at the end of this post, as well as product links.
For this project I stared by using the Be Brave stamp from the She Sprouted Wings stamp set, covered in gesso, to stamp all over the background of a ATC (this is a manila ATC...love using manila in projects as it's so hardy and can stand up to paints, stains, and water).  Once the gesso was dry I used a number of Distress Stains to color the background...the gesso acts as a resist!  (You can see the technique in the video) 

I then added some tissue tape and a piece of film strip (both from Idea-ology) down the right side of the ATC.  My fancy lady was stamped on a scrap piece of manila, colored with Distress Markers, and attached to the ATC with foam tape.  The fun sentiment is a stamp I picked up from my local store years ago...love that I was able to finally use it on this project!  A tiny metal crown was the final touch!  Enjoy and be sure to check out the video and product list below!

She Sprouted Wings
Distress Stains
Gesso
Distress Markers
Manila ATCs

9 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic ATC - full of depth and beauty! Fantastic make, Kim - and I love that retro image!
Alison x

toni said...

Fabulous ATC Kim ! Love the subject and the all the details . The video of stamping with gesso is great very clear instructions and lovely tag examples. It's also nice to see the actual size of the stamps you've used, they're much bigger than I imagined. I feel a purchase coming on ! Thanks Kim x

2amscrapper said...

Terrific ATC!

Tracy said...

Love it Kim...watched your video and had a play today..thank yooou so much for sharing!!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxo

Tracy said...

Forgot to mention how much I LOOOOVED your journal page..woohooo you Kim!!
xxx

Annette Green said...

Great ATC and loved the video. Such a simple but cool technique.

lilscrappers said...

Fabulous projects, all of them. I love your journal page. In fact, it is pysc'ing me up to try my own. I am almost ready to jump in :) I am off to find your blog and read more.

Katyoparty said...

Enjoyed your tutorial and can't wait to try it! Thank you!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great tute, Kim!