Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Little Scoop

Hi there everyone and welcome to Thursday!  Just one more day until the weekend officially begins and then I can think about ice cream, right?  Seriously, ice cream is a big thing in New England, which is not such a good thing for one's hips!  There's a homemade ice cream joint on just about every street corner and the stores are packed from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  We have a great little place just about a mile from our house and we make the journey for ice cream at least once a week.  Love it!

And I love this sweet ice cream-themed stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop!  Isn't it the cutest?  This set, Cool Scoop, contains a whole bunch of sweet treat images that can be mixed and matched.  Why you can even create your very own ice cream sundae...how delish! 

For my card, I used fun paper from Authentique, this is from the Lively paper pad.  Great summer colors and I don't care that Labor Day is literally around the corner...I'm not letting go of summer until there's snow on the ground!  (Was this not the fastest summer in history??)  Once my card was assembled, I stamped the ice cream cone on Speciality Stamping Paper (buy a package of this paper, you will not be disappointed!) and colored the image with Copics.  Then I added a smiggin of sprinkles to the top of my cone, which BTW are one of my favorite toppings!  I used foam tape to pop up the image because you simply must have some dimension and then added the fun sentiment, "One little scoop wouldn't hurt anything, right?"  Nah...nothing that a few hours on the treadmill won't take care of...

Enjoy folks and enjoy this last bit of summer!!  Now go out and get some ice cream!!

3 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Yum, yum! Lovely colors and paper. :o)

Broni said...

I'm with you, Kim! I'm not giving up summer until it snows! Love that! And love this card! What a cute image and sentiment and that paper is great!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!