Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 9, 2013

More Quick n Easy Cards and an Art Journal Spread

Hi everyone, Micki here.

I have been in card making mode so I wanted to share several more CAS style cards.  First up is a card that was inspired by Julie's "Morning Sunshine" card several weeks ago.  I had received my eP package with Christy Tomlinson's She Art Flower Stencil by Pink Paislee and decided to use it on my card:

supplies listed at end of post
I used my Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool, dabbing Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink straight onto the card base.  I added the sentiment from Wplus9's Strictly Sentiments 1 stamp set which was stamped onto scrap white card stock and then cut apart.  Added some rhinestones in the corner and called it good. 

Then I played some more with another  Wplus9 set,  Quilt Prints.  

supplies listed at end of post
I have to confess that this is the first time I ever attempted to create a stamped background like this.  But using the Fiskars Stamp Press made it really easy and fast.  I am loving both the  Quilt Prints and the 
Strictly Sentiments 1 sets.  Endless possibilities!

And one more...... this one I used Donna Downey's Wayward Blooms from Unity.  However, instead of using ink, I used paint and I absolutely love that effect:
supplies listed at end of post
I really had fun creating these cards.  It was fun to use items that are geared more towards mixed media, such as the stencil, on a card.

With all this card making, I did neglect my Dylusions Journal this past week.  But I thought I'd share one I had created a while ago:
This one was all about using lots of paper scraps for the house, lots of paint and Faber-Castell products.  You can see more pictures and read more detail about it on my blog HERE. 

Talking about stencils, paints and stamps, have you seen all the NEW ITEMS at the ecclectic Paperie shop?  I literaly jumped up and down with delight.....definitely check it out!






Stenciled HB Card Supplies:

Quilt Prints Birthday Card Supplies:
Wayward Blooms Card Supplies:
Home Art Journal Spread:

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Micki..your cards are Fabulous..the quilt pattern background I adore and Donna Downey one..looove!
Then your journal pages..jumping up and down...swoon..gorgeous houses and colors..wow.
Want to come play at your house!!
Away to check your blog.
Hugs
Tracy xxxx

Kim said...

Wow, Micki, these projects are amazing! I'm loving the quilt pattern background and your house journaling pages are fabulous! The other two cards, adorable....all good stuff girlfriend!!

Annette Green said...

Pretty cards, Micki. I especially love the quilt one. I'm off to your blog now to check out those great art journal pages.

Sandy said...

Wonderful cards and I really love your art journal page - I love houses and this is page is top notch!!
Sandy

Words and Pictures said...

Lots of fabulous projects here, Micki - wow, that Donna Downey card is glorious! And your journal pages look amazing... love it!
Alison x

toni said...

A great collection of cards here Micki, something for everyone! Love your journal pages also x

Teresa Jaye said...

awesome projects Micki. Love the DD blooms in paint - so pretty. The bright colors of the houses on your journal spread are really fun!