Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wallflower Worn book Cover

 

Hi Everyone! Karen here with you again for another guest DT post. I cant believe I am up to number three already!
I am  having an absolute ball! I hope you are enjoying my inspiration as well!
 
This week, in keeping with my Tim Holtz Wallflower theme, I have a worn cover to share with you.
 
These covers are just so versatile and so much fun to use. I use mine mainly with the tag inserts in them, as a tag journal seeing that I am a little addicted to tags!
Tim Holtz - Idea-ology - Worn Cover - Diary
I used the Diary Worn Cover as my base.
 
I'll be honest this project actually started its life as a tag... but I sort of got a little side tracked.. I started with a tag cut from the Wallflower paper stash and added in a little ink and some stencilling. I used the Speckles layering stencil, and pumice stone and walnut ink distress ink.
 
 
the next step was of course a little machine stitching, I also added in a piece of ruler paper form the Labatorie paper stash at this point. It was a piece I had sitting on my desk left over form another project.

 
Next came some fussy cutting of a Found Relatives, and a butterfly,  some different sized squares and rectangles from the Wallflower Paper Stash. I added a little machine stitching to the edges of some of these as well.

 
Next came the fun part.. I always love this bit, arranging and re arranging my layers until I am happy with how they look. You will also notice some Thrift shop ephemera and older salvage stickers have made their way in there as well..  it was also at this stage that my tag lots its top and became a rectangle.. :)
 
 
Once I'm happy with my layer I then start lifting corners, adding in mounting foam and double
sided tape to stick everything down.

 
I always use some double-sided tape and multi medium to stick my
layered elements to the front cover of my Worn Cover, just to make sure it wont come unstuck! Lastly I added in a Word Band and Monocle with another  fussy cut butterfly.
For the binding inside I have used  the Tim Holtz Ring Binder and fastened it in place with some trusty old Hitch Fasteners!
 
 
I'm really happy with how it turned out, and cant wait to start filling it with tags,



 
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you a little, until next week,
 Happy Creating
Karen xx
 

9 comments:

toni said...

Wow! Fantastic layering, your cover is beautiful, love the addition of fussy cutting and stitching, simply gorgeous ! X

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wonderful...love to see whats inside if it's as gorgeous as the outside!

Donna xx

Scrapthat said...

All those layers make me happy! Tfs

Micki said...

Wow this looks awesome. I love all the layers and how you used bits n pieces. I really love the idea of the butterfly wings behind the girl. Hm...... gotta check my stash and CASE it :-)

Julia Aston said...

I have a couple of these binders just waiting for me to get inspired - and you have given me lots of ideas with this lovely version Karen! what nice layerings of the papers and found relatives!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Brilliant layering with those great papers, Love this, Karen

Karen said...

Thank you so much everyone xxx

Andiepants said...

So much layering and distressing...LOVE the fussy cutting. adorable. {{hugs}}

Steph Ackerman said...

Love all the layers - you've given me all kinds of ideas for my book.