Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Grunge Paper Wallet

Hi everybody, it's Toni here and I'm ready to share a wallet I've made from Grunge Paper, covered with gold embossed black tissue paper. This is my current favourite technique as it's so quick and easy with the advantage that embossed tissue can be applied to all sorts of 3d surfaces. Here's how I got started on my wallet....
I  firstly cut a piece of Grunge paper measuring 12"x 7". I shaped one end using an On the Edge die called Plaque and Postage. I then folded the Grunge paper into three sections as shown.
I covered one side with a piece of the new Postale Tissue Paper, using Studio Gloss Multi Medium, making sure that the edges were well sealed. I also painted the Multi Medium all over the surface of the tissue. Whilst this was drying, I turned my attention to decorating the black tissue paper.
I stamped over the tissue paper in sections, using Versa Mark ink. I used the simply gorgeous,Stampers Anonymous, Distress Damask stamp set. I love these stamps, they're definitely proving to be far more versatile than I ever thought they'd be!  I then applied gold embossing powder and heated to activate. The gold really shines out on the black background and gives a wonderfully opulent look. I then adhered the tissue to the other side of the Grunge Paper. Once again I used a generous amount of Gloss Multi Medium on the Grunge Paper and also coated the embossed tissue paper.
 Once this was dry, I created a fastening by punching two holes and adding a couple of eyelets. I then threaded one of Tim's Ideaology elastic bands through. These are great little fasteners with crimped metal ends.
I used something called a 'bachelor's button' to hook the elastic loop around. This is basically the sort of button you get on a pair of jeans. You just hammer the two parts together.  I added an Ideaology Type Writer sticker and dome to the centre in order to personalize it. I then stitched the sides together with my sewing machine. As a finishing touch I adhered a painted Alpha Parts Framed sentiment to the bottom corner. This was a fun and relatively quick project to make. I think it would make a great little gift as it's just the right size for a passport. So, maybe it's time to get started on a few, after all Christmas isn't that far away !!! x
If you fancy having a go at something like this, here's a list of the supplies I've used from the fabulous eclectic Paperie shop. 


7 comments:

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

Great!!!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful project Toni! LOVE the gold embossing on the black - and your beautifully designed purse!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the gold damask against the black and the tissue paper on the inside! This is just FABULOUS, Toni! LOVE the shape and that fastener is just Genius!

Andiepants said...

Oh so elegant! I can't believe this is made out of paper. Turned out just DARLING!! {{hugs}}

Steph Ackerman said...

oh, very pretty.

Micki said...

That is awesome. Just love how this turned out Toni. And the fastener!!!! Love it.

Marci said...

Looks so elegant!