Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

ePlay Wood Challenge- A Sympathy Card

This is Sue Lelli here today  Sad to say I needed a sympathy card for a blog friend who lost her husband, so I decided to use wood on a masculine card:
I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Frameworks Trellis Die to cut out a piece of balsa wood.  I first sprayed the wood with Dylusions Ink Spray in London Blue  and then I colored it with a blue Faber Castell Big Brush Pen to give a two-toned wood grain look.
The kraft paper background underneath the lattice is a piece of kraft paper that was the recipient of some Dylusions Spray Ink!  I thought the spray and splatters made an interesting back drop!
The wood flower and leaf are from Prima.
The "Praying for you" was stamped with WV Archival Ink in potting soil on a die cut piece of balsa wood and the edges were distressed with TH Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  All of the other edges were distressed as well. 
The plaid paper is from an Authentique Suave 6x6 paper pad.  LOVE!
 
I hope you like my card and are inspired to play with our ePlay Challenge ~ Wood!  We would love to see what you create plus you can win a $25 shop voucher to the eclectic Paperie store! 
What are you waiting for???


6 comments:

Rea' said...

This is a beautiful card, love the colors ... and the details are amazing !

Unknown said...

What a neat idea Sue, love your card!! The colors are so pretty too.

Julia Aston said...

What a nice use of wood Sue! The colors are subdued enough for the tone of the sympathy - but has lots of interest with the plaid, splatter and bloom!

Erin Smetak said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! My deepest sympathies to your friend.

Micki said...

Uuhhhh, I've never tried to use the dies to cut balsa wood. Awesome card, will have to definitely give it a try. Love the colors on the Kraft card stock. Gorgeous.

Tracy said...

So beautiful Sue,sorry to hear about your friends loss.
xoxox