Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Art Parts Stencil Book

Hi everyone!  Julia here with my first post as the newbie DT member for eclectic Paperie!  Today I have an Art Parts Stencil Book I made to hold all of my brandy new Wendy Vecchi Stencils!    I recently attended Wendy's Mixed Media Tag Art Journal workshop held at the brick and mortar eclectic Paperie in Exeter, NH. She showed us one of these books that she had made and I thought it was a great way to keep all of my stencils in one place and easily accessible. I have lots of pictures to show how I made my version of the Stencil Book so grab a cuppa and settle back in your chair!
Here's my front cover
 And  my back cover
First I spread Black Embossing Paste over the covers, not quite covering it all.  After it dried, I spread Crackled Texture Paste over the black areas and let that dry.
Next, I sponged over both covers with Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed Distress Inks
I stenciled the Checkmake stencil with Archival Watering Can Ink on both covers.
Then I focused on the front cover - I sponged with Walnut Stain Distress Ink to tone down the colors - then I stenciled  the Bar Codes Stencil with Black Embossing Paste
I die cut the Tim Holtz mini Flourish out of Clearly for Art Blackout Modeling film.  I spread Metalic Gold and Metalic Silver Embossing paste over it with my finger to give it the look of wrought iron, let it dry and adhered it to the front cover.
I inked an Ideology Key Hole and Ideology Border with Archival Cornflower and Orange Blossom.  I added an Ideology die cut key, a label made with my P-Touch Label maker and drew a square frame with a black Stabilo Pencil
I stamped around the edges with the plaid square of Wendy Vecchi's Large Collage stamp (I cut it into small squares so I could use each one separately). 
I kept the inside covers clean and simple so nothing would catch on the stencils.  I stamped Ornate Dots (I absolutely LOVE this stamp!) on the inside front cover with Archival Watering Can ink and sponged with Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers and Walnut Stain Distress inks.
For the inside of the back cover - I stamped Wendy Vecchi's From A-Z background stamp and sponged with the same Distress inks as the inside of the front cover (above)
To finish the back cover - I stenciled using Bar Codes, Create a Wreath and Dots and Stripes using Archival Black ink.  I left this cover with the brighter colors and didn't sponge it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink
I added a die cut bird (Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Bird and Cage die), cut out of Clearly for Art Blackout Modeling film and made a label with my name with my P-Touch Label Maker. (so no one could say 'Hey - who's book is this??!)
And here's a look at the stencils stored inside!
I hope I have inspired you with my little stencil book -  isn't it nice to keep our supplies in artsy little books rather than just in their store packaging?!!  Thanks so much for stopping by the eclectic Paperie blog today!

Stamps:  Ornate Dots, Large Collage Stamp, From A-Z Background - Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi
Inks:  Ranger Distress Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain, Archival Watering Can, Cornflower  and Orange Blossom
Accessories: Art Parts Stencil BinderBlack Embossing Paste, Metalic Gold Embossing Paste, Metalic Silver Embossing Paste, Crackled Texture Paste, Clearly for Art Blackout Modeling Film, Mini Lock and Key, Mini Flourish, Mini Bird and Cage - Tim Holtz Alterations Repositionable Magnetic Dies, Brothers P-Touch Label Maker - Staples, Stabilo Black Pencil, Ranger Ideology Borders, Glue N Seal - Ranger,  Wendy Vecchi Stencils - Create a Wreath, Bar Codes, Dots and Stripes, Checkmake.

12 comments:

wendy vecchi said...

well done Julia!
your stencil binder looks great!

Unknown said...

I second what Wendy said! I love the step by step and the crackle looks FABulous Julia. This is such an inspiration and I'm going back for another look. Congratulations on your new DT post at eP!!!

toni said...

Gorgeous ,gorgeous , gorgeous! Love that superb crackle finish ! X

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Julia ! I agree, it's so much better to store things in something you've made. Welcome aboard! Sue C x

Redanne said...

What a great first post on the DT, it is a beautiful stencil binder full of great techniques.

mamablitger said...

Wow this small stencil book is just fabolous. Love your finished result.
Thank you for a very good step-by-step tutorial. You explain all the processes in a very easy understandable way. I will keep your tutorial for future referrance... Will love to make my own "copy" version of your book !!
Thanks a lot. You are very talented !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Sue Lelli said...

I really wish I could have gone to Wendy's class with you! Your binder is FABULOUS and just the icing on the cake! Don't you love that barcode stencil?!! Great colors, too, Julia!

Micki said...

Wonderful binder. What a great idea to store the stencils and love love love that crackled texture paste :-). Awesome binder!!!

Shirley said...

Julia, this is such a wonderful way to keep track of the stencils! How pretty, creative, and what great detail on how you did it! Love it!

Erin Smetak said...

Look at you getting your mixed media on, girl!!!! Totally love your project! The crackle and the blues and greens are so yummy!!!!! Fab job, Julia!!!!

Tracy said...

Sitting here oohing and ahing away at your pics Julia, loving the crackles!!
xoxox

Unknown said...

Great Blog with nice information you have shared. To me, we deal with Soldering PCB. ie manufacturing PCB Reapir tools etc. Anyway Thanks for blog