Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 31, 2014

Save the date . . .

Hello eP friends, Tracy here today and it`s so good to be back and sharing a little of my art with you all!

In my design team package, I had the most adoreable little rulers from Maya Road { swooooon } thank you Kim!
Cute, cute, cute!
What was I to do with them, hmmmmmm?
A layout, bindings for mini books, cards . . . the list went on and on I can tell you, but inspiration came from another project I had created involving cakes . . . mmmmmm!
A little project on wood using Gesso, Scrap paper and Pan Pastels.
. . .loving the cakes, lol . . . so what if I used the little rulers as a frame and an old book page for the background.
I backed them onto cardboard packaging to add some strength.
 Time to mix up a little Yellow Ochre Pan Pastel with Gesso. I smooched it on with my fingers, making sure to let the words and parts of the design on the rulers show through.
 Now I have to apologise, I got so wrapped up creating the cake that I forgot to snap any more pictures.
But here is a close up of the finished confection . . .
Layers of pretty paper
A sprinkling of roses { Distress Stain }
A frosting of Distress Clear Rock Candy 
{ I wish you could see how much this sparkles }
A little doodle doodle doo`s
and
 letters snipped from old book pages to finish.
 I went on to add a little Permanent Red Pan Pastel onto the background with my finger, before applying more Yellow Ochre, Titanium White and Black Pan Pastels around the frame.
How cute this would be made into special cards for an engagement , or as an embellishment to mark a special occasion . . . or . . . or . . . giggling here because my brain has just exploded with about another dozen ideas . . . watch this space,lol!
Be sure and leave us a link if you do in the comments, we would all love to see your creations.
I hope you enjoyed my post today and maybe you will be inspired to grab a few supplies and get creating yourself.
Till next time
Big hugs
XOXOXOX

Materials and links to the eP Store -
Maya Road- Measure Once, Cut Twice Wood Embellishments

16 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Beautiful!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Totally Delightful Tracy

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

totally beautiful I love the cake lots of work but sooo worth it.This would make fantastic invitations or wedding card as well colours are fab love it all xx

toni said...

Stunning Tracy! Love the theme. Ingenious use of the little rulers and full of your gorgeous style . Love it. I suppose if you wanted to use this for invitations you could get a good copy done and have them printed out, I know the texture wouldn't be there but the whole image works so well ! X

Tracy said...

Thank you Clare :-):-)

Tracy said...

Thank you Julie :-):-)

Tracy said...

Thank you for your sweet words :-):-)

Tracy said...

Hi Toni, thank you and brilliant idea about getting copies done...thinking about doing it with my other wood pieces...:-):-)

Micki said...

Oh Toni, this is gorgeous and I honestly thought it was an actual frame. What a great idea to use those Maya Road pieces to make a frame. Absolutely gorgeous.... and I keep forgetting to start using my PanPastels more...... Love this.

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

This is so beautiful, love it!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you used the rulers to make a frame and your cake is so sparklie and Delightful! FAB creation, Tracy!

Andiepants said...

This is adorable Tracy. The minute I saw it your previous "cakes" project popped into my head...which is totally one of my favs!!!! lovely dah-ling!!! {{hugs}}

Ellie Knol said...

WOW, I'm blown away!

JulesinParadise said...

I have seen and received some lovely "save the date" cards in my years but yours, "takes the cake". How lovely.

Words and Pictures said...

Inspired use of the rulers and this is the loveliest Save the Date I've ever seen!
Alison x

Annmaree of Oz said...

These are all so fabulous, they look so unique and one of a kind, beautiful shabby chic effect!