Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Love Letters Whimsical Wood Art . . .

 Hello sweet friends, it`s Tracy here today and I am so happy to be back here with a little more of my wood art to share with you all.
For my Christmas, Mum and Dad purchased a workshop by Junelle Jacobsen { loooooove } called
The Art of Wild Abandonment
and slowly I am starting to feel my mojo returning from a looong holiday away, lol!
My inspiration -
As Valentine draws nearer and nearer, I have been remembering the Love Letters that my husband Alex wrote for me . . . oh back in 19 canteen, lol . . . I still have each and everyone he gave me, treasures that money can`t buy.
 Recognise the pretty papers . . . the deelish Graphic 45 papers leftover from my Christmas journal.
{ Psssst . . . Kim has a sale going on right now and let me tell you . . . yummy papers galore are included, check it out here }
I quickly coated the block of wood with Gesso and while it was drying snipped out my girls skirts and legs.
Using Multi Matt Medium I fixed all the parts in place . . . oh see the little teeny tiny letters . . . old book pages stuck together, add Gesso and outline with a black fine liner pen . . . c...u...t...e!
I just kept adding touches of Gesso randomly with my fingers, also adding Pan Pastels as they are and to the Gesso as well for all the smudges of colour.
Now if you know me, you know how much I love to
Doodle Doodle Doo , mmmmmm got to love the doodles,lol!
  Plus I think it helps to bed the papers in and give them some life, not quite so flat looking.
I added a few more tiny envelopes as if they were falling from her pocket, little lace trim and  alpha stickers.
As our lovely Sue is hosting the Get Altered Challenge with the theme being Hearts and it seems like forever since I have been able to join in the fun, what love letters would be complete without some hearts!
You still have time to enter my friends, just click HERE to see Sue`s project and all the entries.
  Was I finished . . . nope not quite . . .
The legs weren`t doing it for me, out with more paper scraps to make some wellies, touch more Pan Pastels mixed with Gesso and I was happeeeee.
{ my hands were singing with the joy of getting messy again at last! }
A little wire wrapped around the block of wood, twisting the ends to make a jump ring along with a little tag.
From scraps of wood and paper to a memory block for Alex for Valentines day!
Thank you so much for letting me share a little part of me with you all and I hope you enjoyed following along.
Till next time
Happy Crafting!

List of materials from the eP Store -
Pan Pastels Mixed Media Sets 1, 2
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso
Claudine Hellmuth Multi Matt Medium
Faber Castell Gel Medium
For deeelish papers be sure to check out the Clearance sale for great deals HERE
Alpha Stickers - sorry not sure the manufacturer had them in my stash a while but you will find more in the store HERE

16 comments:

toni said...

Ooooooo! I love this canvas! Tracy I must nip up to Scotland for a lesson in using patterned papers you are a master and this piece shows a master at work !! Love it x

Redanne said...

Oh my, how beautiful is this canvas... I just love how you did the wellies in the end, they look amazing!

Julie S said...

What a fun and lovely little canvas! The texture on it is fantastic and I agree - the wellies were a great touch.

Micki said...

Absolutely adorable. LOVE it especially how you did it on a piece of wood. !!!!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Tracy,

I recognized Junelle's influence right away. I just love her classes. She's so inspiring and just darn cute!

Well done!

Hugs,
Kay

Unknown said...

Oh Tracy!! Love it!! The love letters in the pocket are wonderful and your amazing doodling just finishes off the project perfectly!! just love it, love it!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Junelle is a fabulous teacher and artist with a style very complementary to yours. I took that class and loved it. Speaking of love...this project is amazing. I love the whimsy, the gentleness, and the sweet details you have included. Great doodle-doodle-doing...it adds so much playfulness and movement. Delightful!

Sue Lelli said...

This canvas is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the love letters and the P.s. Part! Your doodling is Fab! What talent you have, Tracy! Thx for creating with hearts, too!

JulesinParadise said...

This is truly a love creation.

krcmasterpiece said...

I love it! Very creative!

Words and Pictures said...

What a beautiful bit of "woodwork"! I love the delicate pastel work, and the wellies are so brilliant!
Alison x

Annmaree of Oz said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, I love this piece! What a stunning gal with her lovely frock layers and letters of love!

Andiepants said...

This is just way too cute Tracy! I love her!

Tracy said...

Thank you Andie!! :-) xx

Tracy said...

Thank yooou Kay :-):-)

Tracy said...

:-) Thank yooou Toni xxx