Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Friends - Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here, I am Guest Designer at Eclectic Paperie for June. 
Thanks so much  Kim for this wonderful opportunity!

I've mixed media canvas to share with you today for which I've used lots of Ranger goodies.


I've prepared small step by step for this.. let's see


 I started off with Ranger Mixed Media Cardstock. I've used Tim's technique here-When Distress paint dries completely , it resist distress stain. For the first layer I applied Picket fence distress stain through Tim's Lace stencil. Heat set it with Heat tool.
  

Spritzed Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress stain sprays on the surface....
Love these colors! 
Picket fence resisted distress stain colors..created wonderful background.


I adhered torn piece of Wallflower paper in the middle.
Next layer is with Vintage photo distress ink and Tim's Blossom stencil. I also applied vintage photo for all edges of canvas.


Birds collage piece is from Wallflower Paper collection again. I cut out leaves from sizzix Garden green die, colored them with Peeled paint distress stain and vintage photo ink.
'Friends' sentiment is chipboard accent which I colored with mermaid lagoon Distress paint.


Butterfly is die cut from Tim's Butterfly Duo sizzix die set. I colored it with Mermaid Lagoon distress stain spray. The metal frame behind is from Ideology Industrious Stickers.

Have you liked it? do let me know ...
Thanks so much for stopping by..see you on next Wednesday!


 Peeled Paint distress stain
Vintage Photo distress ink




Shilpa Nagaonkar, 
Bangalore, India
Mixed Media Artist, Art Journaler, Designer, Educator
with passion for everything related to colors, papers and all kinds of art medias.
 Designer at  Color Arte, Artistic stamper, Scrap Around The world

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Shilpa!!! Love the colors and beautiful texture.

Suman Pandit said...

love your canvas Shilpa !! thanks for sharing the tutorial !!

Carol said...

Gorgeous canvas Shilpa...another technique to try!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Absolutely gorgeous Shilpa. I am definitely trying this out :)

Ruby Craft said...

Love the look of the Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray over the Picket Fence stenciling. Wallflowers is my favorite of Tim's Paper Stash. Lots of fun techniques.on your beautiful canvas. Congrats on being Guest Designer for June. Looking forward to seeing your project next week.

Diane said...

thanks for sharing the technique and love your creation!

Nalo Souleyman said...

Great work !!

Capescrapper said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this fun technique!