Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Art Journal cover

Hello, it's Sue here and today I'm sharing a cover ready for my next art journal.


I started with a piece of Speciality Stamping Paper and dotted it with Archival re-inkers in Tree Branch, Hydrangea and Orange Blossom. Then I squirted rubbing alcohol over the ink, now I was a little over zealous with the ink and as this was my last piece of SS paper I had to carry on !


I then used a Prima stencil with Tree Branch Archival ink, I then used the same stencil with Hydrangea and Dandelion Archival ink.


I cut the paper down to A5 size and then I used the Dots and Stripes border stencil using Potting Soil Archival ink down the side of the page and the Dotty stencil over parts of the page. I stamped the border from The Beauty of Art set using Hydrangea Archival ink.


I then used the From the Garden stencil and stencilled the flower first of all with white acrylic paint when it was dry I re-positioned the stencil and then stencilled over the top with yellow acrylic paint.


I carried on layering up the colours but not completely covering the layer below.


Finishing the flower with a dark red but not all over only in the centre and on the tips of the petals.


I repeated the process with 2 further flowers. I stamped the words from the True Art and Approved Art stamp sets using black Archival ink. I also used the Vintage Mesh stamp with Potting Soil Archival ink.


I used the Tim Holtz mini bird and cage die and rubbed Vintage Photo Distress Ink over them and rubbed some Onyxite Treasure Gold over the cage. To finish I added some lace and buttons.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project !

Sue
x

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Your background turned out beautifully Sue and I love those stenciled flowers - gorgeous. Anne x

wendy vecchi said...

well done!
you rocked it!
love every detail!

toni said...

Lovely Sue, wonderful to see how it all came together xx

Sue Lelli said...

This is just so BEAUTIFUL, Sue! LOVE the BG and those flowers!

Julia Aston said...

what a gorgeous cover for your journal Sue! love those brilliant blooms!

Unknown said...

This is awesome Sue, great design and fabulous colour work. Chris xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

Fantastic! Love the variety of colors through the same stencil. A gorgeous cover!

Tracy said...

Oh my Sue..you are a wonder with stencils my friend . . . I might get brave and pull mine out for a play... thanks for the inspiration sweet lady!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - all that layered stencilling is fabulous, Sue!
Alison x

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

Those flowers are stunning! Thanks for the step by step on the layering. Seems simple enough, think I might try it!