Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 14, 2013

Decorated Notepad

Hi there!  It's Erin here with you today, sharing a project that was much needed in my purse!  Haha!  I am always wanting to write things down, as I have so much going on in my life, I would forget, otherwise!  With 3 kids, it's sometimes hard to keep up!

I don't know where I came up with this idea.  Either I cased it from someone else, or I created it on my own, I have no idea.  But, I have been making covers for notepads for quite a few years as little gifts.  I also stick a coordinating piece of paper inside an R.S.V.P. pen and whah lah!  Instant gift for a teacher, co worker, friend, whomever!  Who doesn't like something that like?!

To start with, take a note pad (found at Walmart, or any paper/stationery store.  I measured a piece of black cardstock, folded it in two places to create a book.  Then, I decorated the front!































I used Authentique's Lovely 6" x 6" stack, Tim Holtz's Picture Wheel die & Strip Alphabet die, white gesso, and assorted other materials.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

toni said...

How lovely to pull this one out of your purse for a few jottings! You'll have lots of envious eyes on this lgorgeous make x

Kim said...

Lovely altered notebook, Erin!

Colleen said...

Erin,
Adorable, I agree with Toni everyone will be envious when you pull this one out.

Teresa Jaye said...

So pretty Erin. Love the color palette and vintage feel.

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is such a great idea! I love how pretty this is. Even if it had a list of chores in it, somehow they wouldn't seem so bad in this lovely notebook.

Annette Green said...

Catching up on my blog surfing today and saw your altered notebook, Erin. Love this pretty and functional piece! And, of course, you can't go wrong with that Picture Wheel die. One of my current favorites! Nicely done.

Tracy said...

"Love it" Erin and a great idea..adore the picture wheel die!!

Big hugs
Tracy
xoxo